Abstract submissions are now open only for posters. If you want now to submit an abstract please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that accepted submissions will be invited for Extended Abstracts (2 pages A4). All extended abstracts will be published in a book and a limited number will be invited to submit as full length papers in selected journals.
When submitting your abstract, a preferred topic area should be selected. The scientific committee may change this selection to ensure the technical coherence of the sessions. On notification of acceptance, authors will be invited to submit a manuscript for the publication of a full paper (6 pages). These papers will be fully refereed, and the final decision will be taken based on the full paper.
Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the scientific committee taking into account the following criteria:
- Relevance and interest of the problem and its solution for the CAPE community.
- Innovation and improvement over the current state of the art: What are major new accomplishments?
- Significance of findings: What is the potential impact of the results to the CAPE community?
All papers will be reviewed by the Programming Committee and a very limited number of papers will be moved from regular submission to keynote paper.
Author guideline for abstracts
Abstracts must include title, list of authors, their affiliations, and an abstract body. The length of the abstract is limited to 3,000 characters, including spaces, numbers, and punctuation.
The abstract file should be in doc, docx or pdf format.
It is suggested to include the following information in the abstract:
- Motivation / Purpose / Background: information about objectives/goals.
- Study Design / Methods: information about the key methods utilized in the study
- Major Results / Findings: include quantitative references (key performance indicators, etc.)
- Conclusion: Include implications of findings, limitations of your study, and recommendations
- References (add if necessary)
- Acknowledgements (add if required by your funding institution)
ESCAPE-33 Templates: Download Abstract Template (Word)
On notification of acceptance, authors will be offered one of the following options:
- Option for a conference paper (Option A): Authors will be invited to submit a manuscript for the publication of a full paper (6 pages). The full papers will be included in a Special Issue in Computer Aided Chemical Engineering.
- Option for an Extended Abstract (Option B): Authors will be invited to submit an extended abstract (2 pages A4) that will be part of an Abstract Book.
Both options will be refereed and the final decision for their inclusion will be made by the Scientific Committee based on the quality standards set by the conference.
Author guideline for manuscripts
In Option A, manuscripts of exactly 6-pages must be prepared according to the template and instructions provided (Chapter-ESCAPE-33 Template.docx ). The manuscripts are submitted using the Abstracts Portal, as a PDF or MS Word documents (doc or docx). Note that MS Word document will be required after the papers are accepted for publication. Please upload your 6-page papers to Abstracts Portal by replacing your Abstract paper.
In Option B, Extended Abstracts must be prepared according to the template and instructions provided (click here to download the template for option B – Extended Abstracts).
Please send, also, the Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA) associated to each manuscript that has been accepted, and the Permissions Request Form (PRF) if you used any third-party materials. These documents (CTA & PRF) must be uploaded – as (scanned) PDF files – together with the revised paper. Please use the following naming convention: CTA – paper number, and PRF – paper number, respectively.
Option A – Manuscript Template: Chapter-ESCAPE-33 Template.docx
Option B – Extended Abstract Template (Extended Abstract template).
CTA and PRF: Copyright Transfer & Permission forms (.zip)
When submitting an abstract/paper to ESCAPE-33, you are accepting that:
- The accuracy of the submitted information/results is the responsibility of the authors. Authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully prior to submission.
- The authors have not presented these results to another scientific meeting and/or published the same information in a scientific journal, nor will the information be published elsewhere. If the paper is finally accepted, the transfer of the publishing rights will be required. Thus, authors must be the copyright holder, or have permission to publish the content (text, figures, etc.) in the conference proceedings.
Work presented at the conference will be published (following usual ESCAPE policies) in a new volume of Computer Aided Chemical Engineering book series from Elsevier. All the papers will have a 6 pages limit per contribution. All the accepted papers (plenary lectures, keynote lectures, oral presentations, and poster presentations) will be published in the symposium’s proceedings by Elsevier. All the papers will be made available to participants as electronic media (PDF document).
Extended papers will be published in a special issue of Computers and Chemical Engineering and possibly in other top journals (to be discussed with the respective editors).
Editors of the proceedings: Antonis Kokossis, Michael Georgiadis, Efstratios Pistikopoulos